Featured Fund Options (More Below):
The goal of the Worcester Educational Development Foundation (WEDF) is to improve the quality of life for the children in Worcester through enhanced educational programs in the Worcester Public Schools. Since 2005, WEDF has invested more that $5 million in programs that support students and teachers.
With Worcester in a period of renaissance, strong schools are key to advancing the city’s economic growth and vitality. Here is how WEDF is supporting Worcester schools:
- 22,000 students in grades 1 – 12 experience the region’s culture through curriculum-based field trips
- 2500 students get the winter clothes they need through Coats For Kids
- Hundreds of students get the college prep help they need through the Hanover Insurance funded AVID program – (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
Yet, more than half of the students in the Worcester Public Schools are economically disadvantaged. Here is how we are helping:
- WEDF provides small classroom grants for creative teaching and learning
- We provide additional computers for students
- We help with the cost of uniforms and equipment for more that 150 sports teams
- We provide tools to help students lead healthy lives
- We provide materials for visual arts and instruments for the performing arts
- Through Books for Babies we distribute literacy packets to the parents of all Worcester newborns
Please join us by investing in our community’s most precious resource – our children.
All Fund Options: