The Worcester Educational Development Foundation, Inc. (WEDF) is seeking a development/communications associate to increase support for the students and teachers in the Worcester Public Schools. We are seeking a self-starter who is committed to public education and would like to make a difference in the lives of children.
All applications should be submitted online to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Organization: Worcester Educational Development Foundation, Inc.
Job Type: Development/Communications
Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
Search Ends: August 15, 2019
Title: Development/Communications Associate
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: FTE: .45 salaried
Position Summary: The Development/Communications Associate will provide organizational, logistical and strategic support to the Worcester Educational Development Foundation, Inc.
- Execute potential donor research to qualify Worcester Public Schools alumni, parents and businesses for cultivation.
- Prepare Foundation staff as well as WEDF leaders for prospect meetings including the preparation of briefing materials, coordination of meeting logistics, and coordination of follow-up activities.
- Develop and maintain prospect, donor and fund records in database; ensure timely execution and entry of activities.
- Coordinate grant writing and reporting processes for grants, as well as other requests.
- Field inquiries from prospects/donors via telephone, correspondence, email and social networks.
- Manage website and other communication tools.
- Develop communications strategies that engage a wide range of audiences.
- Develop materials for marketing activities.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board to set priorities and monitor progress.
- Provide technical and administrative support for events, with occasional events and meetings in the morning prior to 9 a.m., evening after 5:00 p.m. and Saturday evenings.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- The individual selected for this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience
- College degree or equivalent; and
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a related field
Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal skills; strong prospect orientation;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, database experience, familiarity and comfort with social media and networking outlets;
- Excellent managing and reporting skills;
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback;
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to use keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally.
Applicants who are or become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act or applicable state law must be able to perform the essential functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation, if any, will be determined by management in consultation with the employee.
This is a .45FTE position (18 hours per week) with no benefits, salary based on experience ($ 20,000 – $ 25,000)
Generally school day hours, some work from home allowed, summer hours flexible.
Excellent growth potential.
The Worcester Educational Development Foundation, Inc. is an independent not-for-profit organization whose mission is to collaborate with the Worcester Public Schools to provide programs and resources to improve learning and success for students. We are working to eliminate barriers to students reaching their full academic potential by supporting rich opportunities for students including arts and culture, health and wellness, college and career readiness, and STEM. Since our inception in 2005, WEDF has invested more than $ 5 million in the educational programs of the Worcester Public Schools.