2018 Ryan P. Quinn Memorial Award
for graduating varsity athletes at Burncoat High School
Ryan P. Quinn, Burncoat High School class of 1996, was a star soccer player and avid golfer, earning varsity letters for both sports. Continuing his education at Salve Regina University, Ryan went on to have a successful career in sales in the medical and pharmaceutical fields. Ryan was a kind and special person with many devoted friends. Sadly, Ryan passed away in June of 2014.
In memory of Ryan, the Quinn family and thoughtful donors are generously sponsoring the Ryan P. Quinn Memorial Award for graduating varsity athletes of Burncoat High School’s Class of 2018.
The purpose of this award is to support Burncoat High School varsity athletes in their plans to continue their education at either a two or four-year college. Funds received may be used at the recipient’s discretion, however should be used to assist with expenses related to attending college (i.e. acquiring a computer, purchasing books, paying tuition, etc.)
- Burncoat High School Class of 2018, graduating in June 2018.
- Must have played a varsity sport for Burncoat High School during senior year.
- Must be accepted to and enrolled in a two or four-year college
Selection: Applications will be reviewed by a panel and scored in accordance with award requirements.
- As requested by the Quinn Family, the chosen applicant must be available to accept this award with a parent(s) or guardian(s) at the third annual Ryan P. Quinn Memorial Golf Tournament’s dinner on July 16, 2018, at Wachusett Country Club. Please note: attendance is mandatory to receive this award.
- Applicants must complete the Ryan P. Quinn Memorial Award ‘Application Cover Page’ with a copy of the letter of acceptance from the college you are enrolled in and/or plan to attend this fall.
- Applicants must submit a one-page answer to the following question. Your response must be typed using Times New Roman size 12 font, doubled spaced, and in your concluding paragraph detail how you will use these funds.
How has being a varsity athlete impacted your high school experience and how will it impact your future plans?
Download the application form here.
Application Due Date: Monday, April 02, 2018 by 12:00 Noon
Send Application to:
Mrs. Jane Dowd
Burncoat High School
179 Burncoat Street
Worcester, MA 01606
The chosen applicant will be notified by May 11, 2018.