Educational Foundation Seeks Nominations
The Worcester Educational Development Foundation, Inc. (WEDF) is seeking nominations for the 6th Annual Distinguished Alumni and Friends of the Worcester Public Schools Achievement Awards.
These awards honor and recognize alumni and friends of the Worcester Public Schools who:
- Have attended the Worcester Public Schools.
- Have distinguished themselves by making exemplary contributions to their professional field, the greater Worcester Community, the Worcester Public Schools, and/or the betterment of society as a whole.
- Have distinguished themselves by achieving outstanding success in academics, the arts, business, community service, humanitarian efforts, research, and other fields.
- Serve as a distinguished role model for Worcester Public Schools’ students.
- Are organizations, clubs, or businesses that have supported the Worcester Public Schools.
WEDF is a private 501(c)(3) non-profit established for the sole purpose of supporting the students and teachers in the Worcester Public Schools. Our areas of focus are: arts and culture; health and wellness, including sports, physical education and anti-bullying; college and career awareness; and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
The nomination form is available here for download.
Nominations Close: April 15, 2016
Recipients Notified: by June 1, 2016
Ceremony & Banquet: November 9, 2016
Mary Aframe – Burncoat High School – Health & Wellness Advocate
Phil Bolduc – Doherty Memorial High School – Physician
Arthur Chase, Posthumously – Commerce High School – Entrepreneur & Statesman
Leslie Fish – Doherty Memorial High School – Health Care Executive
Laura Goldstein – Doherty Memorial High School – Poet & Professor
Stephen Mills – Burncoat High School – Educational Leader
Joe O’Brien – Doherty Memorial High School – Civic Leader
Tony Simollardes – South High School – Editor & Journalist
Ann-Marie Soulliere – North High School – Philanthropy & Non-Profit Management Executive
Donna Mason Williams – North High School – Environmental Advocate
Gerry Weston & WICN – Friend of the Worcester Public Schools
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care – Friend of the Worcester Public Schools
Mary Beth Leonard
Paul Gervais (Posthumously)
The Honorable Mel Greenberg
Dorothy Hargrove & Gordon Hargrove
Frances Perkins (Posthumously)
William Soutra, Jr.
Laddavanh ‘Anna’ Bouphavichith
Deborah D. Cary
Allan P. ‘Kool Kojak’ Grigg
Erin Moran McCormick
The Pagano Family
John Durkin, Ed.D.
Robert Harizi, M.D.
Thomas Hehir, Ed.D.
The Honorable Jordan Levy
The Honorable Paul Mullaney
The Hanover Insurance Group
Charles Birbara, M.D.
Joanne Feinberg Goldstein
Helena and Christos Liazos
Stephen Pezzella, M.D.
The Junior League of Worcester